I discovered this receipe when trying to loose weight - it is heathy, filling and more importantly it is tasty
Preparation 10 Minutes
Cooking 20 minutes
900g sweet potatoes (peeled)
2 leeks, washed and sliced (if sliced very fine they will not need pre-cooking before adding to the potatoes.
100g thin ham, chopped
2-3 tbsps semi-skimmed milk
100g low fat mature cheese
pinch of nutmeg
4 medium-sized tomatoes
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6
2. Boil the potatoes in a large pan of water until soft. Drain the potatoes then mash them, adding the leeks, ham and milk.
3. Using a wooden spoon, fold in half the cheese along with the nutmeg and season to taste with black pepper, then pile the potato mixture into an ovenproof dish.
4. Slice the tomatoes and arrange on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Serve with fresh vegetables (excluding potatoes) or salad.